SWEEPSTAKES OFFICIAL RULES
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. Eligibility: The Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) is open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia who are at least eighteen (18) years old at the time of entry. Any entrant who has not reached the age of majority in his/her state of domicile as of 12/1/13 should receive his/her parent or legal guardian’s permission to enter the Sweepstakes and should include his/her parent or legal guardian’s name and contact information in the entry. Subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited. Participation constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor’s and Administrator’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes. Winning the prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein. Employees, officers and directors of Sponsor and its respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, general sponsors, and promotional partners, and the immediate families (defined as spouse, child, sibling, parent, or grandparent) and household members (whether related or not) of such employees, officers and directors are NOT eligible to participate in or win the Sweepstakes.
2. Sponsor: Sponsor: The Social Edge LLC, 1650 Broadway Suite 609, New York, NY 10019. Administrator: The Social Edge LLC, 1650 Broadway Suite 609, New York, NY 10019. The Sweepstakes are in no way sponsored, endorsed, or administered by Facebook or its affiliates. Inquiries concerning the Sweepstakes should be directed to the Administrator.
3. Timing: The Sweepstakes begins on 12/5/13 at 12:00 a.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) and ends on 12/25/13 at 11:59 p.m. ET (the “Promotion Period”). Administrator’s computer is the official time-keeping device for the Sweepstakes.
4. How to Enter: During the Promotion Period: by purchasing a ticket to a performance of Karmin's Pulses Tour and emailing the confirmation receipt of purchase to <a href="mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org">email@example.com</a>. You automatically will receive one (1) entry into the Sweepstakes. No purchase is necessary to enter; purchase of ticket is optional and entry may be obtained by also writing entrant’s full name, mailing address, phone number, email address, and age on a standard-size postcard (no smaller than 3 ½ x 5 inches and no larger than 4 ¼ x 6 inches) and mailing the completed postcard to Administrator at 1650 Broadway Suite 609, New York, NY 10019. Limit: Each participant may enter one (1) time during the Promotion Period. For mailed entries, only entries received during the promotion period will be valid. Multiple entrants are not permitted to share the same email address. Any attempt by any entrant to obtain more than one (1) entry by using multiple/different email addresses, identities, registrations and logins, or any other methods will void that entrant’s entries and that entrant may be disqualified. Use of any automated system to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification. In the event of a dispute as to any registration, the authorized account holder of the email address used to register will be deemed to be the registrant or player. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. The potential winner may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder.
5. Grand Prize Drawing: Administrator’s decisions as to the administration and operation of the Sweepstakes and the selection of the potential winner are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes. Administrator will randomly select the potential Sweepstakes winners from all eligible entries received during the Promotion Period, on or around December 26th, 2013. The potential winner will be notified by email or phone. Potential winner must continue to comply with all terms and conditions of these Official Rules, and winning is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements. In the event that the potential winner is disqualified for any reason, Sponsor will award the applicable prize to an alternate winner by random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries. Only three (3) alternate drawings will be held, after which the prize will remain un-awarded.
6. Prize: TWO (2) GRAND PRIZEs for each scheduled performance of Karmin's tour for which at least one entry was received. All eligible entries will be considered for each performance as being the sum of all purchases for tickets of such performance, plus all mailed entries where the municipality of mailing was the closest to the location in which a given performance is scheduled to occur. Grand Prize consists of a meet & greet with Karmin, to be arranged by Karmin's management with each individual winner for each market. Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”): $250.00. Prize is non-transferable and no substitution will be made except as provided herein at the Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute the prize for one of equal or greater value if the designated prize should become unavailable for any reason. Winner is responsible for all taxes and fees associated with prize receipt and/or use. Odds of winning the prize depend on the number of eligible entries received during the Promotion Period.
7. Release: By receipt of any prize, winner agrees to release and hold harmless Sponsor, Administrator and their respective subsidiaries, affiliates, suppliers, distributors, advertising/promotion agencies, and prize suppliers, and each of their respective parent companies and each such company’s officers, directors, employees and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action, including, but not limited to, personal injury, death, or damage to or loss of property, arising out of participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use or misuse of any prize.
8. Publicity: Except where prohibited, participation in the Sweepstakes constitutes winner’s consent to Sponsor’s and its agents’ use of winner’s name, likeness, photograph, voice, opinions and/or hometown and state for promotional purposes in any media, worldwide, without further payment or consideration.
9. General Conditions: Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Sweepstakes, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond Sponsor’s reasonable control impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Sweepstakes, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or any other promotion or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. Prior to accepting his or her prize, each winner (or his/her parent or legal guardian, if such winner has not reached the age of majority in his/her state of domicile) may be required by Sponsor to complete, sign, have notarized and return to Sponsor a publicity release (except where prohibited by law), an affidavit of eligibility and release of liability, an IRS W-9 and such other documents as may be required by Sponsor in its sole discretion.
10. Limitations of Liability: The Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Sweepstakes; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Sweepstakes or the processing of entries; (5) late, lost, undeliverable, damaged or stolen mail; or (6) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use or misuse of any prize. If for any reason an entrant’s entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost, or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, entrant’s sole remedy is another entry in the Sweepstakes, provided that, if it is not possible to award another entry due to discontinuance of the Sweepstakes, or any part of it, for any reason, Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may elect to hold a random drawing from among all eligible entries received up to the date of discontinuance for any or all of the prizes offered herein. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded. In the event that production, technical, seeding, programming or any other reasons cause more than the stated number of prizes as set forth in these Official Rules to be available and/or claimed, Sponsor reserves the right to award only the stated number of prizes by a random drawing among all legitimate, un-awarded, eligible prize claims.
11. Disputes: Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the United States District Court for the Southern District of New York or the appropriate New York State Court located in New York County, New York; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (3) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of New York without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of New York or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of New York.
13. Winner List: Winner List requests will only be accepted after the promotion end date. For the Winner List, send an email with subject line: “Karmin Sweepstakes Winner List Request,” to <a href="mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org">email@example.com</a> or send a U.S. Postal Service postcard with your name and return address clearly written to Sponsor at 1650 Broadway Suite 609, New York, NY 10019.
The Social Edge LLC is the Sponsor of this Sweepstakes. Sony Music Entertainment is not the Sponsor, nor responsible for the administration of, this Sweepstakes.